Sometimes I like to challenge myself with the creative freedom of my own brief, in this case I took Lumi, an online packing supplier and set myself the goal of refreshing their logotype. I contacted them and asked for permission and was pleased to hear they were more than ok with the idea.
I approached it a little different to a standard logo project as I waned to keep a cursive style but refine it. So I set myself some criteria that the final logo needed to meet:
- Cursive Style
- Versatile for usage
- Reflect the simple Lumi process
- Usable in menus (low vertical space)
- High quality, refined like the products
- Have motion to show movement of packaging
- More natural flow
- Simplify 'L' but maintain cursive style
- Bespoke, not font-like
I was pleased with the outcome and I think I achieved what I set out to do.